This petition is to help your relatives obtain refugee or asylee status within the United States.
- Husband or wife;
- Unmarried children who were under age 21 at the time you were admitted as a refugee or granted asylum in the United States
- Must be filed within two years of your own admittance to the United States as a refugee
Process after Filing
- USCIS will mail you a receipt that will confirm they have received your application
- If your application is approved, you will receive an approval notice
- If they are in the United States, this means they will have derivative refugee or asylee status
- If they are not in the United States, your petitions will be sent to the U.S Embassy or consulate nearest the relative you are filing for.
- You can check the processing time of your petition on the USCIS website at
- Processing Times (uscis.gov)