- Basic info: It is mandatory to have auto insurance when driving. If an accident were to happen and you were hit, car insurance covers your damages and those of your passengers as well. If you were to cause an accident, then your car insurance will cover their damages. Damages include:
- Liability- helps cover the cost of other driver’s property and injuries
- Property- damage to your car
- Medical- expenses for injuries
- For more information visit: https://www.iii.org/article/what-auto-insurance#:~:text=Auto%20insurance%20is%20a%20contract,as%20outlined%20in%20your%20policy.
There are many types of car insurance and they all include different things. Other than basic coverage, there are additional things worth looking at such as roadside assistance or underinsured/uninsured coverage.
Buying a car
- When buying a car, establish a budget and if you plan on taking out loans think about how much you will be able to pay monthly.
- At a dealership, you will need proof of insurance, driver’s license, recent pay stubs, credit report, and preferred payment method.
- When looking for a car, find what suits your needs most. If you are on a budget or are a first time buyer, look at dealerships that can sell used cars and find one that has the lowest mileage to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.