Step-by-step: NJ Transit
- Choose your bus route: https://mybusnow.njtransit.com/bustime/wireless/html/home.jsp
- For bus schedules visit https://www.njtransit.com/Bus-to → you can print your schedule, and on it will be all the information needed for the trip. Included will be the stops, start point/end point, and times. Schedules may vary based on weekdays and weekends.
- Pay for your ticket: For local buses, you can tell the driver your destination and deposit your money.
- If boarding at a Port Authority Bus Terminal, you must purchase a ticket. This can be done through a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) or at a staffed ticket office. TVMs have directions on the screen as to how to purchase a ticket.
- To find a bus terminal, park and ride, bus garage, rail or light rail station, or CTA near you, and to see what types of tickets they offer (not all CTAs sell all ticket types), check our Bus Tickets page or give us a call at 973-275-5555. https://www.njtransit.com/rider-guide-for-bus-customers
- When boarding, double check the bus destination sign, and listen to the bus route. If you still have questions, ask the bus driver for more information.
- When boarding a train, tickets must be purchased. Tickets can be purchased through a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) or at a staffed ticket office. TVMs have directions on the screen as to how to purchase a ticket. TVMs accept cash, debit cards and credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA).
- It is best to arrive at least 5 minutes prior to its arrival time. Station information will include stops, location of TVMs, and ticket office hours. For your safety, stand behind the yellow line.
- The tracks at your train or light rail station are marked with directional signs on the platforms. At larger stations, where trains board from several tracks, you may determine your train track by checking the departure board or TV monitors.
- Pay attention to the stops as they will either be announced or written on TV monitors.
- Customer service is open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at 973-275-5555. If needed, a free interpreter will be provided.
- NJ Transit App has features that will allow you to purchase tickets, check times for departure/arrival, as well as any delays throughout New Jersey.
- Printer friendly timetables: https://www.njtransit.com/schedules/printable
- NJ Transit offline rail map: https://www.njtransit.com/schedules/printablehttps://www.njtransit.com/schedules/printable
- Luggage will not be checked and the company is not responsible for articles left behind.
- Passengers traveling on vehicles without underfloor storage will be permitted to bring up to two pieces of baggage aboard provided it can fit safely and securely in the overhead parcel racks or on the passenger's lap.
- Baggage may not block aisles or be placed on empty seats or cause inconvenience to other passengers.
- No single piece may exceed 30 lbs. Passengers wishing to load/unload their luggage may do so at terminals and along routes